.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Saturday, October 21, 2006

So Sing It Now

I've been poking about on YouTube quite a bit recently. YouTube really makes it easier to create interesting blog posts, I think. Or maybe it just makes it easy to be lazier.

In any case, I've been delving into lots of Morrissey and Smiths footage, and there's a lot of interesting stuff to choose from. I would blog about my favourite (so far) interview footage of Morrissey, as there's a great deal I feel I could say about it, especially in as much as it seems to show a more loquacious Morrissey than we seem to see these days. However, it's late, and I feel that it might be a little redundant of me to blog it, since it has already been blogged.



Instead I will blog the YouTube clip inset. I don't know who Johnny Carson is, but it's a clip from his show. Morrissey performs two songs, both from the flop album of the early nineties, Kill Uncle. The first of these is the hugely under-rated Sing Your Life. Morrissey is at the height of his rockabilly phase here, and his performance is quite astonishing. I felt quite revivified after watching it. The second song is the fairly forgettable There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends. This version is a little more interesting than the album version.

And remember, "you have a lovely singing voice/a lovely singing voice/and all of those who sing on key/they stole the notion from you and me".
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?