.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Saturday, December 23, 2006

I started something I couldn't finish

I've been informed in the comments section of my last post, and by private message, that I've been tagged again. Oh no! Apparently I started all this on Opera! That is, in fact, possible, since I was tagged from outside Opera.

Okay, maybe I should make use of the out-takes from my previous five incredible tag-revelations:

1) When I was at primary school I was chosen along with a number of other 'gifted' children to attend weekly classes at secondary school, where we were to discuss philosophy, poetry and so on. The teacher whose pet project it all was must have considered me promising, but when I actually went to secondary school properly, and turned out to be less than interested in lessons there, my relationship with him soured considerably.

2) While I was living in Amersham, I enrolled for evening classes in clowning. To me it was the perfect extension of a lot of my philosophies and predilections. I was, at that time, keen to transform my world into something that was simply a stage for my imagination to play upon, and to this end I wished to be able to present myself through mime, gesture, make-up and so on as a 'persona' in my everyday life. I wanted every day to be choreographed by my imagination. However, in the end, not enough people enrolled for the course, and, like just about every dream I've ever had, it was cancelled.

3) I spent a few days at a Buddhist monastery near Hemel Hempstead some years ago. I spent the whole time in meditation, which really meant sawing firewood, polishing brass, doing the washing up and so on. I have occasionally considered joining a monastery for good and all, but I don't think I could really make that commitment.

4) When I was very young I had tonsilitis, but I never had my tonsils out.

5) Sometimes I think the song Missing, for which I wrote lyrics and played some of the twinkly guitar bits when I was in The Dead Bell, is all I've ever really wanted to say.

Well, now, I think I must introduce a new rule to this tag. The second time you've been tagged you don't have to tag anyone else. You can all breathe a sigh of relief.
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?