.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Monday, February 19, 2007

She's Lost Control?

I'm not a fan of Britney Spears, but I couldn't help admiring her new haircut. I think that suddenly she looks genuinely attractive.



I was surprised to find the text of the articles featuring pictures of this new haircut to be, well, deeply negative.

Here's Professor Gary Cooper, professor of psychology and health at Lancaster University:

"She's obviously quite a disturbed girl at the moment, she doesn't know who or what she is."

Oh, and the rest of us do, I suppose, Professor Cooper? You know what Socrates said, realising that you know nothing is the beginning of true wisdom.

Maybe Prof. Gary Cooper is just 'concerned', but this is how it looks to me: For the first time in her career Britney Spears is doing something that hasn't been coordinated by some cabal of faceless executives, and a lot of men in suits don't like it and want to encourage the idea that she's gone crazy and needs to get back on the rails.

Maybe she's just beginning to go sane. Who knows? In any case, I wish her luck. And nice haircut!
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?