.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nothing is Real

I just settled down to eat my breakfast and noticed that the main headline on the latest issue of New Scientist is as follows:



REALITY IS AN ILLUSION. Why we are blind to the quantum truth.



Yes. Let the message be proclaimed on the front of every newspaper. Let the true exploration of imagination and human potential begin! Is the world catching up with me at last?



I suppose I'll have to read the article inside to find out. It might be quite different to what I expect. But I can't read it yet, as it's not my subscription, and I'm too polite to tear off the plastic-wrap.



Anyway, it's not really a question of the world catching up with me. But regular readers of this blog and my stories will know that I have long questioned the whole idea of 'reality', which is based on a blind faith in materialism. The most recent discussion of that on this blog, I think, was here in the comments section. I might come back to this discussion at some point, after my life has settled down a bit. I'm currently horrendously busy.



The idea of the world being an illusion is truly ancient. Maya, lila, samsara... there are many names for it. But materialism has built its empire in the world and subjugated native intuitions, like the British Empire colonising people 'for their own good'.



Changing the subject, here's my favourite YouTube clip at the moment:





Why don't they make comedy like that anymore? I mean, comedy with actual wit. Once more I sigh. The world is full of crashing bores, and I must be one, etcetera...

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?