.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Friday, March 16, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged by Melissa. The rules of this tag game are as follows:

Pick up the book you're reading, turn to page 123, post 5th paragraph, title and author.

Then tag 5 more people.

So, without further ado:

It soon became apparent that while Mou-lau was able to keep the men from coming upstairs, he was unable to prevail on them to leave. With the two sedan chairs ready, I ordered my servant, who was very handy with his fists, to go down first and clear a way for us. Hsiu-feng took Tsui-ku and followed him, while I took Hsi-erh and brought up the rear. We rushed downstairs all at once and, with the help of my servant, Hsiu-feng and Tsui-ku escaped by the door. One of the men downstairs grabbed hold of Hsi-erh as we ran past, but I kicked at his arm so that he let go of her. Hsi-erh ran out, with me following behind her. My servant stayed by the door to keep them from chasing after us.

Not really the most interesting paragraph in the book, unfortunately. Actually, this kind of thing makes me realise how unutterably boring I find what is apparently the staple of entertainment - action. Oh well. The book is: Six Records of a Floating Life, by Shen Fu.

I'll tag some people later, and probably list them on this post.
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?