.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Monday, September 10, 2007

Some futurescape of strangeness

In the summer I was wandering in Kew Botanical Gardens with a friend, when we came across a rather intriguing piece of stone. Upon closer examination, we found it to be a wounded angel. Strangely moved, as at a fragment of timelessness that had fallen from the vault of a crumbling heaven, I took out my camera and recorded the image.



Later, flicking through the pages of New Scientist, I discovered something that I recognised, though I had not seen it before. The name on the page in the magazine was Emily Young. I seemed to remember it. And then the memory of the wounded angel in the botanical gardens came back to me.

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?