.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Banned and Creepy

I saw this animation some time back on Ligotti Online, where it was posted as an example of something 'Ligottian'. I came across it again just now on YouTube while browsing idly:



There was a whole list of banned cartoons and commercials in the related videos list. I watched a few of these, too. I was particularly struck by the Calvin Klein advert. In the comments, someone observes that it looks like the start of a snuff film. I would add that the unseen voice behind the camera addressing the urchins in front of it reminds me of that guy in one of the Airplane films who is charged with showing a young boy around the cockpit and begins to ask questions like, "Have you ever seen a grown man naked?" "Do you like watching gladiator films?" and so on.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?