.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Intermission

All of your doubts and questions will be answered in time. Please be patient until a full statement is issued. I can explain everything.



In the meantime, some thoughts:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

- Nietzsche

To win is to lose. To lose is to win.

... I had held to the argument that the failures of our ruling institutions were the result of bad systems, not bad people. Yet a wave of exposes in 2002 and 2003 of pervasive corruption at the highest levels of corporate and governmental power suggested that many of our most powerful institutions are in the hands of ethically challenged human beings.

- David Korten

I am troubled. Caliban recoils from his own reflection. What am I if not someone who deals in fear?

Squares on the left of me, squares on the right. I am the only complete man in the industry.

Evil comes I know from not where. But if you take a look inside yourself, you just might find some in there.

- Jarvis Cocker

You are something that the whole world is doing.

If a person were to try stripping the disguises from actors while they play a scene upon the stage, showing to the audience their real looks and the faces they were born with, would not such a one spoil the whole play? And would not the spectators think he deserved to be driven out of
the theatre with brickbats, as a drunken disturber?... Now what else is the whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and each play their part, until the manager waves them off the stage? Moreover, this manager
frequently bids the same actor to go back in a different costume, so that he who has but lately played the king in scarlet now acts the flunkey in patched clothes. Thus all things are presented by shadows.

- Erasmus

All things must pass.

You're the one for me, Fatty.

- Morrissey

I have blood in my veins, hatred in my heart, and dreams of paradise.

(I might add some more later. I've wasted too much time on this, already, when I should have been concentrating on my real writing. Music provided by The Books. Thanks to Nick. Check them out.)

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?