.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Saturday, March 22, 2008

David Blunkett's Hands

I wonder just how manipulated I am. For instance, I find Heather Mills's face quite offensive, but I'm sure this response has been carefully engineered by the media, in the photographs chosen and so on. But why are they doing this? Or is this a silly question?

I've heard people say how brilliant Brasseye was at deconstructing supposedly objective television, such as news and current affairs programmes, and I would agree.



I'm pondering this partly because I'm reading Grotesque by Kirino Natsuo, which I hope to review once I've finished.

No worse fate can befall a man, says Burroughs, than to be surrounded by traitor souls. Indeed. Which soul do you trust?

I remember a conversation about Brasseye and the way the media creates images. He had watched, my interlocutor told me, a current affairs programme in which David Blunkett was being interviewed. And, at the conclusion of the interview, there was a moment where the camera focused on David Blunkett's hands. Why?

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?