.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Being an Archive of the Obscure Neural Firings Burning Down the Jelly-Pink Cobwebbed Library of Doom that is The Mind of Quentin S. Crisp

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Our Batrachian Friends

I've known about this for a while - the crisis in amphibian populations - but was reminded by the Internet news item this morning.

I very much like amphibians, but even if I didn't I would be deeply saddened by this. I just don't know how much more of this I can bear to witness.



I believe it was in his diary that Nagai Kafu wrote the following, referring to his native city of Tokyo:

As I witness the extinction of the city’s spirit I feel in all my being nothing but a desire to be gone with it.


That's pretty much how I feel about all the good things of Earth currently being destroyed by the vulgar, despicable, gormless, brutish, boorish and brainless scum that we call humanity.

I'd rather not survive in a world in which they are the winners and the architects of all that is. I anticipate my disappearance eagerly.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?